Facts about Qatar
Web Posted on : Thu, 08 Jun 2017
Facts about Qatar
- Qatar is the largest Arab bank with assets of about 520 billion riyals
- A $ 300 billion sovereign fund involving 39 countries.
- Significant shares in Europe's largest banks Barclays and Credit Suisse.
- The world's largest luxury goods retailer Harrods London
- Qatar owns 28% of the towers of London, the capital of Britain.
- The first Arab and fourth in the world in quality education after Japan.
- Hamad Airport gets the title of the finest airport in the world.
- Hamad International Airport (HIA) was ranked Sixth Best Airport in the World by the 2017 Skytrax World Airport Awards, moving up four places from last year.
- the first country in the world in national savings
- Qatar ranked as the highest gross national savings leaders in the world – with 58.50% of GDP.
- The safest country that has risked disaster
- Qatar (0.08) was rated the least at risk from natural disaster in The 2016 World Risk Index.
- The first Arab country in the speed of the Internet
- Qatar led the MEA region in average peak connection speeds with a 15% quarterly increase to 89.2 Mbps.
- The first Arab country in the food security index
- The first Arab country in human development
- Qatar named as the 1st in Overall Food Security rankings in the Middle East.
- Owning 15 billion barrels of oil for 40 years
- Proved oil reserves of 15 billion barrels (588,000,000 m3) should ensure continued output at current levels for 23 years
- Owns the second largest floating fleet of gas transport in the world.
- With a fleet of 63 state-of-the-art LNG carriers, including 14 of the world’s largest Q-Max vessels, Qatar Gas Transport Company Ltd, aka Nakilat, is one of the largest LNG shipping companies in the world.